- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- Finely grated zest & juice 1/2 small lemon
- Water 200 ml
- 1 skinless chicken breast fillet (around 150g), cut into 1.5cm slices
- 1 capsicum, any colour, deseeded and sliced
- 1 medium carrot (around 80g), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 100g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 150ml chicken stock (made with 1/2 stock cube)
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 1.Mix the cornflour with the soy sauce and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- 2.Heat the water in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat, add the chicken, capsicum, carrot and broccoli and stir for 2–3 minutes, or until the chicken is lightly browned and the vegetables are beginning to soften.
- 3.Pour the lemon and soy mixture into the pan, add the chicken stock and spring onions and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and cook for 2 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly thickened and the chicken is cooked through, stirring regularly.
- 4.Sprinkle with grated lemon and serve with rice.
This recipe is simple and quick. A great healthy alternative for dinner. Chicken meat is indicated for those on a diet because it has a much lower amount of saturated fat than beef and lemon is a citrus fruit that, in addition to a lot of vitamin C, is an excellent antioxidant and rich in soluble fibers that help to decrease appetite and regulate the intestine. Then we have a perfect wedding at the dinner table!https://www.tqlkg.com/widget-60592cfb94c1233e744936ce-100367423?target=_top&mouseover=Y